Women Can’t Stand Nice Guys…

April 1, 2011

Well, aren't you nice...and boring. Oh, who is that hot guy who just walked in?

At least that’s what Lucia thinks. Lucia is one of the “expert” authors on yourtango.com and in this blog post she outlines the 12 reasons why women hate “nice guys.” And I have to agree with her on some of them.

As many of you know I enjoy truly nice men and I don’t cotton to Lucia’s nice guy/bad boy dichotomy. But I definitely can’t handle wimpy men who are self-proclaimed nice guys who blame every failure in their life — especially their dating lives — on the idea that they are “nice.”

In my experience most of these fellas aren’t much nicer than the average man — they are just chickens.

Anyway, enough of that.

Lucia’s second point about the fact that no one respects a doormat really rang true to me. Some of her other schemas were a bit convoluted. But I thought I would take this opportunity to open this topic (er…topics?) up for conversation again.

So, let’s conversate!

About these ads
  1. April 1, 2011 1:55 pm

I think this is what it boils down to: “nice” does not = “spineless.”

• April 1, 2011 1:59 pm

EXACTLY! Dennis gets it. Why don’t all the guys who wine about how hard their lives are because they are nice guys get it?

MWAH! If I ever make it to your part of the world and get to see you in person I am totally going to accost you with face kisses! (Neck kisses too if you want ;) )

• April 1, 2011 2:01 pm

Aw, come on. Who wouldn’t want to visit San Diego?

*bats eyelashes coyly… but not spinelessly*
        ;-)

• April 1, 2011 2:20 pm

LOL.

Can NOT believe you are single.

• April 1, 2011 2:25 pm

Aw, thanks. Truthfully, blogging and freelance writing and all the random projects I have going on keep me pretty occupied.

• April 1, 2011 2:43 pm

Too busy for love, eh? Too bad. It’s a loss for the female community-at-large.

• Jay permalink
      March 18, 2013 1:28 pm

i agree

2. JoelInIN permalink
    April 2, 2011 9:53 pm

I’d agree with David on this. The issue isn’t “nice”, it’s assertiveness. Generally speaking, women want a guy who isn’t afraid to take the lead. Obviously we aren’t talking about guys with control issues, we’re talking about guys who can demonstrate that they have a handle on things. When a man is indecisive or gets walked all over, it sends a signal that he isn’t big enough to take care of her too.

3. dave c permalink
    April 3, 2011 9:04 am

“nice” is a relative term for both girls and guys. With 3.25 billion women on the planet, to not be able to find a woman who views your level of ‘bad’ as ‘good’—is a sign that you are clearly not resourceful enough to get laid.

4. MJichael permalink
    May 26, 2011 8:41 am

Lucia, another woman trying to debase men who are nice. Ive no doubt she will make a name for herself and sell her book, because this is what its all about.

Now that’s nice aint it ??????????????

5. Michael permalink
    May 26, 2011 8:44 am

When it comes to relationships, there is no fixed pattern, but we are all looking for that perfect person, and its a cattle market out there.

6. Michael permalink
    May 26, 2011 8:46 am

Some woman want to “mother”, others wear the trousers, unfortunately and in all cases it is woman who lead and run any relationship.

7. Michael permalink
    May 26, 2011 8:49 am

When im around woman, the first thing I look for is how she holds herself, I like woman who are also ladies.

And then I listen to her talk, and this is the breaking factor, because no matter how a woman may look, talking makes or breaks with me.

8. Michael permalink
    May 26, 2011 8:52 am

Okay, lets cut to the chase, if Im talking to a woman and I get a hard on, she is for me, and what’s better is that she knows it.

From then on it’s only a matter of time.

• May 26, 2011 9:26 am

So your penis decides things for you? If that’s the case, you might not have to worry about missing out because women dislike “nice guys.” ;)

• Michael permalink
        May 26, 2011 9:31 am

Er, no. I was actually joking, but this is Aries for you, an idiot this time.

• May 26, 2011 9:33 am

We all come off as idiots from time to time…but I didn’t think for a moment that you’re an idiot.

• Michael permalink
            May 26, 2011 9:52 am

You didnt ?

• May 26, 2011 10:56 am

Of course not. First of all, I try not to make snap judgments about people (try being the most important word in that statement). Second, anyone who has so much to say on one blog post AND who can use proper grammar isn’t an idiot!. Thanks so much for putting yourself out there by being a part of the discussion!

9. Michael permalink
    May 26, 2011 8:58 am

None of us know what we want until we get it thrust at us.

Most sites like this feed the fantasy of that perfect person, because the person who started the site hasnt a clue about how life works, and this attitude represents immaturity, and therefore it’s no wonder he or she is still looking.

Like for like is so very true.

10. Michael permalink
    May 26, 2011 9:17 am

Question, why do most single woman want to get married ?

Answer because being single sends a signal to their peers that they cannot attract a man.

• May 26, 2011 9:26 am

Why bother asking a question when you have already decided on an answer? ;)

• Michael permalink
        May 26, 2011 12:03 pm

Opps another goof.

• Michael permalink
        May 29, 2011 7:32 am

CrystalSpins, We arer living in an age of couples.

When I was your age it was not the done thing for a woman to go out alone. We men get away with this.

If and when you decide to web cam via Skype, we can talk in more detail about this.

I am very old fashioned in the sense of virtues and morals, im old fashioned because I believe in men being men and woman being woman, I even prefere the 30’s 40’s and 50’s code of dress.

11. February 27, 2013 6:33 pm

Interesting blogs.
    Will work through the rest of them and get back to you.
    Have to take you to task though….
    Most of the women I know don’t like truly “nice” guys – they’re the ones you take shopping, put in the friend zone, or dump.
    Over to you…..