Crystal is Worn Out!

August 4, 2010
tags: , ,

Okay my darlings, as you may have noticed I didn’t take the time to post yesterday. Simply put, I am worn out and my brain can’t think of much that I think is worth sharing.

I am trying to buy a car — and doing so is proving to bea pain in my tail. I don’t remember it being so hard last time. I’m also working over time and it seems one or two extra hours at the end of the work day is enough to completely turn my brain in to pudding and reduce me to a gelatinous mass that can’t do anything but watch cable TV for a few hours before bed.

So…that’s really about all I have to say about that and I don’t know what else might be worth writing about. But maybe you guys can think of something worth sharing!

Please tell me, what topics would you like me to write more on? Perhaps you’d like my perspective on a personal issue, or you’d like my musings on something that is going on in the world. Let me know what you want to know and I will try to figure it out for you!

Let’s do this! I expect a LOT of comments!

1. August 4, 2010 10:08 am

Buying a car is one of my favorite things to do – you are in the power position the whole time and get to walk, talk, shop, think about it, negotiate, meet salesmen that want commissions – what could be more fun?? Okay, truthfully, thousands of things are more fun but it can be a blast if you approach it that way. Like shopping for a guy, most of them are duds but if you look in the right places you can find a new one or even a used one with low mileage that will last you a long time and treat you well.
    I’ll be back – thanks

• August 4, 2010 11:33 am

Robert — you should read a few more of my posts — I’ve been shopping for a guy for a while and most of them have been lemons lately! But maybe that’s why I’m burnt out already after shopping for a car for only a few weeks — all th man shopping has me at my limit.

2. August 4, 2010 3:06 pm

That was why I mentioned it. It is easy to tire out looking for a guy but with cars it is more fun because they are supposed to get better every year with new features and safety and all. Shopping for guys is tough because you have specifics you tend to be looking for – tall, dark, handsome, employed, kind, funny, respectful, etc, etc. Guys come along when you least expect it because you aren’t evaluating whether you want to make a purchase or not. My thoughts anyhow – good luck to you with your car and a guy. Smile when you go shopping for the car and smile all the time and a guy will find you – we like the happy girls 🙂

• August 4, 2010 3:55 pm

Well I try to be one of the happy girls — but not because I want the boys to like me. 😉

3. dave c permalink
    August 4, 2010 11:07 pm

She called us darlings. Swoon.

4. Daniel permalink
    August 5, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi Crystal! Remember I mentioned about ‘kicking the tires’ while car shopping? Well, maybe try the same thing while man shopping. Ahem, kick him where it counts and if he doesn’t keel over that’s a good sign. ;-D

• dave c permalink
      August 5, 2010 10:21 pm

If he doesn’t kneel over, it means he’s lacking testicles. Eventually, you’re going to want a guy with testicles.

Just sayin’.

Topic:

Go to google.com.
      Type in, “how do I get my boyfriend” and watch the first 10 popular entries populate
      Type in, “how do I get my girlfriend” and watch the first 10 popular entries populate

compare, contrast.

What I found amazing was, “how do I get my girlfriend pregnant” was, I think, #8.

5. August 5, 2010 10:54 pm

Crystal, judging by these comments, you’re a bit of a man-magnet…as an old married lady, I’d like you to expand on your musings in the fella department. Please and thanks.

Lori

6. Daniel permalink
    August 6, 2010 8:41 am

LOL @ Dave. You have a *point* there! 😉

7. August 6, 2010 9:01 am

Well, Lori, of the men who have commented on this post I only know one personally, Dave C, and he is married. (Although Daniel has been commenting so much lately that I’m starting to feel as though we have met.) Anyway, I think he has sweet big-brother thing about me. He wants to help me find a great car, a great man and a great job. And he knows more than I do about cars and more than I do about getting married. So he’s been really helpful.

As for the other guys, I have noticed that a lot of men are attracted to my blog — far more than I would have suspected. I mean it’s full of female stuff. But I think they feel like they are getting a peek behind the curtain. Like I’m going to let them in on all sorts of secrets about femininity in each post. And who knows, maybe I do.

I might even have to write a post about that!

8. Daniel permalink
    August 6, 2010 2:38 pm

Um, that sounds like it would be a good post Crystal!

If I’m the ‘Daniel’ you’re referring to, then thank you for the sweet comment. I’m definitely a believer in kindred spirits and believe that we are indeed such.

Oh you let us peek behind the curtain for sure, and when you write, it feels like some place familiar and as you say; like we’ve met.

Yeah, I’ll toast to that!

🙂