A Lumina Life…

August 5, 2010
tags:

My new car looks like this -- only it's white!

So, as many of you know I got a new car yesterday. I’m excited that the pain of car shopping is over. In the end I wound up with another 1998 Lumina (for a lot of reasons I won’t go into — most of them having to do with money and comfort).

It may seem lame to have the same car i just lost, but the new Lumina is WAY better than my old one. It is an LTZ. It has power windows and locks. Air conditioning, a CD player and cruise control — basically all of the things that were on my wish list.

It also has a bunch of the things I found myself wishing my old Lumina had while I was driving it: Good windshield wipers, tinted windows, a front window that wasn’t cracked, a better engine, and better gas mileage.

I know it isn’t brand new and it isn’t that Chevy Aveo I had my eye on, but it will be paid off very soon and it feels like home. I’m definitely a Chevy gal.

1. Mr. Saeed permalink
    August 5, 2010 5:56 pm

It sounds good .Good luck

2. Daniel permalink
    August 5, 2010 7:30 pm

Congratulations on your brand new used car! 🙂

Chevy gal = vroom vroom!! ;-D

3. August 6, 2010 9:21 am

Congrats on the new car! I say – it’s new to you, so enjoy the heck out of it! It’s a step up, and you love it, so that’s all that matters. Enjoy!

4. Jerrod permalink
    August 6, 2010 10:58 am

Not sure how you’re getting any better gas mileage unless your old car had some problems because all of the Luminas from that year had the same engine. Glad you got the upgraded interior though. What color is it?

5. August 6, 2010 11:10 am

It’s white, and the old one did have problems…also the guys at t Firestone specifically told me this one has a different engine — oh and dual exhaust (I guess that’s a big deal).

6. August 9, 2010 10:19 am

Your writing is a pleasure to read. It’s nice to find someone who cares about old-fashioned things like spelling, grammar, and a well-constructed sentence.

Also, congratulations on the car. I’m glad you didn’t get the beige one. But do you really use cruise control?

• August 9, 2010 10:36 am

I visit my sister on the other side of the state several times a year. I-90 without cruise control = speeding ticket. So yes, I do use cruise while on the interstate. And thank you for the compliment.