Inside the Purse
Well, let’s see what you can learn about me (or not learn).
Let’s start with the outside pouch:
- 14 pens of various colors (mostly pink and mostly of the gel variety)
- one checkbook, not in a checkbook case
- a few bobby pins
- a wet-wipe
- a note pad that I boosted from my mom and dad’s house that says “Huron Clinic” at the top
- the key card that gets me past the lobby of my office
- my wallet
Inside my wallet:
- a couple of pieces of note paper, one with things to do and one with my grocery list
- a dollar
- another wet wipe
- my driver’s license
- all the receipts from my visits to my counsellor for the year
- various credit cards: Cabella’s Visa, Chase BP Visa (even though I cancelled it — I need to throw that away) Victoria’s Secret VIP card, Kohl’s card (that I don’t think I ever activated), Maurice’s card, Buckle card (which I also think I cancelled), my credit union Visa and two Visa check cards — also from my credit union.
- various gift cards: a Wal Mart gift card (I don’t know how much is on it), a BP gift card (again, I have no idea how much is on it), a Victoria’s Secret gift card (you guessed it, I have no idea how much is on it)
- various loyalty punch cards: Black Hills Bagels (a sandwich card), Alternative Fuel, Maurice’s, the Buckle, Cold Stone Creamery, Graffiti’s Car Was and Dunn Bros.
- one of my business cards — that’s right, I’m a business data analyst, yeah, I don’t know what that means either
- One of the side pouches usually has my cellie in it.
- The other side pouch currently has my flash drive and four tubes of SoftLips chapstick.
Inside the bag:
- a full-size, purple Mead Five-Star notebook, college-ruled, with a pen in the wire binding
- MaGraw-Hill’s GRE study book
- my laptop
- the cord for my laptop
- three issues of Writer’s Digest
- a yellow, Mead Five-Star composition-style notebook, college-ruled
- various colors of 5.5 x 8.5 index cards
- the book “How to Flirt” (my friend Vikki loaned to me)
- “Calling in the One” by Katherine Woodward Thomas
- a black and silver journal with pink lining pages — that I write in in only pink ink which is devoted to my study of the above book
The inside pouch:
- bright pink Post-it notes
- four double-A batteries
- one condom
- one empty condom wrapper (which has been there for a long time because I never look in this pouch– I need to throw that away)
- another wet wipe
Okay, now we can psychoanalyse me based on the bits in my bag. I’m sure some of you ladies noticed that there are almost no beautification bits in my purse. I usually don’t wear make-up, except for eye makeup and I only apply it once at the beginning of the day.
Many of you may have noticed all the credit cards. Currently only one of them has a balance, and I have actually been getting rid of credit cards one by one for a couple of years now. Which is why I have a few that have been cancelled that haven’t gotten rid of yet. I should cut those up tonight in some sort of freedom ceremony.
Let’s see…what else? Obviously, the big pouch is full of writing stuff. That’s easy to explain. I want to take all of those things with me everywhere I go so that when I have time I get stuff done. At least that’s the plan. I don’t write as much as I need to and I sure as heck haven’t been studying for the GRE enough.
And the other really obvious thing — what’s up with the wet wipes? Maybe you guys can help me figure out what that one means.
What do you all think the stuff in my purse means? And how about the rest of you ladies — what baggage are you carrying around? And how about you fellas — what’s in your wallet? Come on, be brave, let my lady readers see behind your curtain.