The Best Thing I Ever Ate…Today

August 11, 2010
tags:

Ever since I tried the raspberry cupcakes at the Seattle’s Best in Borders I have been hooked. I’m talking hard-core cravings for these little things. They are AMAZING.

I have cravings from time to time for a specific item. They come and go, but they always make me wonder, “Why do I want that so badly?” I’m especially confused once I realize that I am no longer craving the item.

Once, for about 2 months, I had mad cravings for McDonald’s french fries. The hot fries and cold catsup combined with the salt on the fries and the sweetness of the catsup…oh man I ate fries for lunch every day for weeks.

But now, it’s this cupcake. And the more I think about it the more I think that it might be the perfect food.

First there’s the cake – and cake is quite good all on it’s own. This cake is dense and sweet and moist white cake. It’s about the texture of banana bread – yeah, dense. Then it has this huge dollop of raspberry butter cream frosting that is insane. It melts when it hits your tongue and dissolves and mixes with the cake.

But that’s not all, it also has raspberry filling. The filling is sweet and tangy and when you bit through the cupcake and it mixes with the dense cake and the creamy frosting it is perfect. To top it all of it has these sparkling granules of sugar on top that crunch when you bite into them and add a burst of sweetness.

Oh man…I might have to go get a cupcake for dinner.

Anyway, I have been wanting these cupcakes like every hour on the hour since I tried one a few weeks ago. Maybe I should learn to make them. I wonder if I could ever make anything that good. And I’m not one for picking favorites. I don’t try to pick just one favorite anything – but they might be the best thing I have ever eaten.

Or maybe they are just the best thing I’ve eaten today. (Yeah, definitely getting a cupcake on the way home.)

1. Daniel permalink
    August 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Okay, what’s for dessert?! ;-D

• August 12, 2010 9:51 am

I actually had a taco for dinner…and a few bites of cake for dessert. But I still fell asleep wanting that cupcake.

2. August 12, 2010 1:14 am

Interesting that you spell it catsup. Don’t see many people spelling ketchup that way these days, then again, I’m from California so maybe it’s a regional thing. My wife (from Maine and Washington state) calls soda “pop.” I giggle every time I hear it, much to her un-amusement.

• August 12, 2010 9:52 am

Both are accepted spellings of the word. I learned to read, write and spell at a small country school in SD. Maybe they were still teaching the King’s English.

3. August 13, 2010 3:20 am

Living in the queens England…believe me …non are correct…:-) …sauce i,m afraid…always was always will be.

4. August 20, 2010 11:58 am

These cupcakes sound too good to be true. I want one now. Do you think they deliver to NY?

5. August 27, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi Crystal, Thanks for stopping by my blog! My whole family is cupcake crazy. I wrote a blog post about it and boy was it fun to do the testing. As for the craving thing – good question. Don’t know the scientific reasoning behind it. Might have to research that…