Do Hotcakes Make for a Hot Date?

August 17, 2010

Well, maybe not a hot date, but the best date I’ve been on in a long time (like maybe since I was dating Daniel).

There was nothing particularly weird or upsetting — not even a red flag. He even let me change the plans from drinks at the 445 to dinner at the IHOP at the last-minute. I know the IHOP is not sexy at all, but I needed comfort after the day I had yesterday.

And it was pretty comfortable. He was very talkative and very nice. We have different conversation styles though. I think he felt like I was interrupting him a bit. But, he said he wanted to see me a gain. So, maybe pancake man and I have a bit of a future together.

At the very least he asked if I would like to see him again and I said yes.

1. Brandy permalink
    August 17, 2010 9:50 am

Woot!!! I love hot cakes – more details please!!!

• August 17, 2010 11:26 am

Well, what kind of details? I had the International passport with my eggs basted and the strawberry Danish crepe and he had the spinach and mushroom omelette — you want those kind of details?.

2. August 17, 2010 1:10 pm

I really liked IHOP when I was last in the USA, but sadly that was seven years ago. Glad your date was good – I hope the sequel’s even better!

3. August 17, 2010 9:06 pm

You know how they say “the fastest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach”? Multiply that by 1,000 if you’re feeding him breakfast. For dinner. Stroke of genius, Crystal. 🙂

4. August 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Nothing better than pancakes and men. Add ice cream to that and I’ll never need to leave the house … Looking forward to hearing more about your pancake man 🙂

PS: Did you know IHOP has free refills of hot chocolate? Stroke of genius.

5. August 19, 2010 6:36 am

Your pancake hmmm….delicius! I like it…..Succes to You Crystal…

6. August 19, 2010 9:50 am

Too bad he didn’t just say that he wanted to see you again. Cuz then, you could’ve responded with….

“I know.”