Happy “Spiritual” New Year…

September 5, 2010

Ever since I’ve been looking for other ways to get to God and get in touch with what makes me a part of God and vice versa, I have been reading a lot of different spiritual and self-help blogs. Especially ones by artists. One that I have been following a bit recently, Laura Hollick, sends me her newsletter.

I read the most recent one today and it was about September being a bit of a Spiritual New Year because it is traditionally the beginning of the school year.

I’m with her. I always want something new around this time. So I think I will be doing the assignment she included in her newsletter and I thought I would share it. I’ll be answering these questions (and maybe sharing them on this blog) this week. I’d love it if you guys would answer the questions for yourselves and maybe share them here too. Intentions that are shared are far more powerful.

Are you ready to create your *best year ever*?

Your Spirit Assignment, should you choose to accept it…

5 questions to help you create your BEST YEAR EVER!

1. What are 3 transformations you would love to experience this year? (ie. your health, finances, relationships)

2. Imagine it is one year from today and you have experienced all those transformations, describe what your life is like.

3. What needs to shift inside of you today in order for you to be ready for what you want?

4. What do you need to let go of in order to create your best year ever?

5. What do you need to focus on to create your best year ever?

Now, take one action today to create your BEST YEAR EVER!

1. Jacqui permalink
    September 5, 2010 1:54 pm

WOW! That is some powerful food for thought! I’ll think about that and let you know my answers!

2. September 5, 2010 2:56 pm

If you have been paying special attention to artists in your searches I would suggest you read Plato’s Ion, which examines the character of the poet and rhetorician.

3. Eks permalink
    September 5, 2010 3:20 pm

I wish you well on your new changes. I have been reading and enjoying your blog. Thanks for what you have done here. You have kept me laughing at times, thanks. Great stuff 🙂

I have only one dark cloud in my life that I wish to take care of by next year hopefully. I need to learn to say NO especially to people who belittle me and make me feel undeserving and real bad about myself. Basically, I need to learn to put me first and by next year, if I am able to do so, I will have a clearer vision of the present and my future.
    I have been meditating a lot on that end and hopefully I will get there.

• September 5, 2010 4:34 pm

Taking care of one’s self is a large and powerful undertaking. Good luck. I hope you are able to break free from the people who have made you feel small.

4. September 6, 2010 1:14 am

I need abs by next year, after that i’m taking over the world.

• September 6, 2010 8:26 am

Are you currently a lower life form rapidly evolving into a human?

I think I need to loose 40 lb but still somehow retain all the elements of my personality — than I can conquer something.

• September 6, 2010 8:39 am

Within the last couple of years i’ve lost about 30 lbs but i’m sure during this summer i’ve gained at least 15 of it back since i’ve been slacking off on my workouts. Trying to drop about 35-40 more, might have to get a gym membership so i can have a reason to wake up early and workout everyday.

And yes i am rapidly evolving into something the world has never seen, having abs is the last step of my evolutionary growth.

• September 6, 2010 9:33 am

Sorry, my joke may have been out of place. I’m currently using a lot of my disposable income to travel, but when I’m done with the trips I currently have planned I’m going to try to carve enough money out of my budget to get a gym membership and maybe even a trainer.

5. September 7, 2010 5:33 pm

I am glad that I caught this one.

It is beyond eery that you post this TODAY, for the soul fact that I did a spiritual cleanse
    on my house today with a new set of Tibetan chimes that I bought specifically for meditation.

When I purchased them YESTERDAY at our annual Carnival – I was told that the chimes/symbols have a multi-purpose use. That they are good for meditation, but also
    good to chime around your home – to do a All-purpose cleanse of the energies and harmonize everything. At first I thought – Wow! I am doing this every new year! Then I woke up this morning, and decided that I would do a cleanse right after breakfast.

Just before I clanged my home up with high-pitched chimes. I looked over at my husband and said – It feels like a new year – a new beggining in life – a new spiritual path. …..and then we jokingly said how the New year should have been in September…blah blah blah…..

So CHEERS! – Happy Spirtual New Year to you as well!

6. September 7, 2010 7:01 pm

I love these questions! Definitely something for us all to think about …

7. September 7, 2010 10:14 pm

Good advice for questions to direct us in the future. Letting go of something can be the toughest challenge though. Thanks for sharing.