Holy High-Heels and Holey Sidewalks

November 9, 2010

So this morning I think I broke my wrist.

Crystal Clutzo strikes again.

We had a special thing at work today so I wore heels…and I got all pretty…so I was running late (it takes so long to curl hair and deal with eyeliner and deal with lipstick, ugh I don’t have the patience to do it every day)…so I was in a hurry and we have a crumbling sidewalk in front of my apartment…so I tripped on my way to the car.

And we are talking epic trip!

I landed on my stomach and wrists — no cement burns thank god — but my feet went over my head and everything.

I think I need to learn some stunt woman ways to roll out of falls or something. As much as I fall down it could possibly save my life someday. Seriously, someone should follow me around with a video camera. My life is potential YouTube gold — I mean, if someone had been there with a camera the day I had to chase my car down the hill I think the video would have gone viral. I maybe could have made money from it.

But I digress. I was talking about today’s fall. It was like 7:50 a.m. and I live right next to a middle school, so there were buses driving to the school and tons of kids on the street. Everyone kept asking if I was okay. And I was, for the most part. But now my left wrist hurts like mother! It must have gotten the brunt of the fall. I weight like 185 and I have a feeling that is WAY too much pressure for just one wrist.

At least the kids weren’t laughing at me and being mean about it. Me and my clutzy butt — what a pair. I might have to talk to my landlord about that crumbling sidewalk too.

1. November 11, 2010 12:34 pm

That’s it. For Christmas, I’m buying you a set of wrist guards. 😉

Hope your wrists are (relatively) okay….

• November 11, 2010 1:30 pm

My wrists are fine now…just a little sore. I actually fell down on Tuesday. I just didn’t hit publish until today. I am still sore but it was far worse yesterday. My sore shoulders are telling me that I shouldn’t be single anymore. I need someone to rub them.

• November 11, 2010 1:32 pm

Well, sure, you had to give your wrists a few days to heal. Hitting “publish” can be hard on them.

Speaking of, err… hard, I know what you mean about rub-needing shoulders telling you you shouldn’t be single. I have my own body parts that need… well, um, you know… rubbing. 😉

• November 11, 2010 1:57 pm

Man do I ever want to see how loose those Cali-boy clothes are…

I don’t remember the last time I was so frustrated about wanting to French-kiss someone!

Speaking of which…have you read my sexy stuff that you missed while you were busy? I may need some comments from you.

2. November 11, 2010 11:20 pm

I would have watched the trip video, over and over.

3. November 13, 2010 2:44 pm

Hope you are feeling better. On another note, all new kinds of respect for you after you put your weight on a blog! I guard my weight like it’s a national secret. If I were ever missing, no one would know (except my doctor) what my REAL weight is!! haha

• November 13, 2010 10:51 pm

Well I look like I weigh about 150 — so that’s what my driver’s license says.

4. November 24, 2010 5:29 pm

Those children must have been in love with you because I’ve never seen someone fall and a middle schooler not laugh in my entire life.